Monday, November 2, 2009

Linux Audio Programming - C++

Hey all,

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I intend to do a "basics" programming tutorial set, using mainly C++ and the GTK+ toolkit. I'm not a pro by any means, I'm self thought so there are definatly some aspects of the code I write that I couldnt explain properly. Despite this, due to the lack of C++ Linux audio programming tutorials for Beginners, I'm going to try my hand at explaining some core concepts & putting them to use.

So far, I've coded in Python which is quite a nice introductory language, and now I've moved on to C++. This is a bit of a step regarding data types & variables, and compiling.

I'm going to assume basic knowledge of C++. Ie: You can write a "Hello World" program yourself, compile & run it successfully. If you havent reached this stage yet, learnCpp.com should get you set!

Cheers & Till next time, -Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment